|Tour Code|| :||PER005IST|
|Tour Name|| :||Afternoon Bosphorus Cruise|
|Tour Dates|| :||DAILY|
|Duration|| :||HALF DAY | 13:30 - 17:30|
|Available Languages|| :||EN|
BYZANTINE CITY WALLS, EYUP DISTRICT, CABLE CAR RIDE & BOSPHORUS BOAT TRIP
The tour starts by picking-up from the hotel and the guests are transported to the tour starting point
Bosphorus... Bosphorus... Who has not ever heard or read about this most unique waterway that connects two seas, the Black Sea & the Sea of Marmara and, at the same time, divides two continents, Europe & Asia. This magic strait was, for ages, an inpiration for poets and artists and a sourse of pride of Istanbul residents and admiration for its visitors.
BYZANTINE CITY WALLS
We will start our tour drive along the Byzantine City Walls that extend from the Sea of Marmara to the Golden Horn, a total distance of about 6 and a half kilometres. These walls protected Byzantium from its enemies for more than a thousand years and in that way profoundly influenced the history of medieval Europe. They were for the most part, constructed in the 1st half of the 5th century.
EYUP DISTRICT, CABLE CAR RIDE, PIERRE LOTI
Then, continue to Eyup district were you will take a cable car (teleferik) up to the top of the hill where a famous Pierre Loti Café situated at Sultan Cemetery near the Eyüp Mosque and offers a commanding view of the Golden Horn and the Istanbul Skyline. It takes its name from the famous French novelist and naval officer Pierre Loti.
BOSPHORUS BOAT TRIP
Next, return to the shore of Bosphorus and take a public touristic boat for 1h30m unforgettble trip on the Bosphorus.
From our cruise boat, we view the dramatic sights lining the Bosphorus’ wooded shores: mosques, the Bosphorus Bridge that for a time was the world’s longest and the massive Rumeli Hisari , a fortress built by Fatih the Conqueror in just three months as he did preparations to conquer Istanbul. Also noteworthy are the 19th century mansions of the Ottoman elite and the Sultan’s fanciful gingerbread palaces and hunting lodges, most famous of them is Dolmabahce Palace, yet another residence of the Ottoman Sultans. Pass by the Ortakoy area with its restaurants, bars and cafes. It was also an area were, through centuries three religions have peacefully coexisted: there are still active church, mosque & synagogue at the same area.
After the tour the guests will be dropped at the hotel.
- Transportation by fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Pick-up/Drop-off from city center hotels
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to the museums featured on the itinerary
- Touristic ferry boat tickets
- Any personal expenses
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips & gratuities
- Optional activities cost
- Turkish visa fee
- Travel and Health insurance
- Children of age 2,99 and below are free of charge
- This is a scheduled motor-coach group
- Group might consist of up to 40 people
- Group might include the people of different nationalities, cultures, ages and interests
- The regular tour is of a good value, but may not be the best choice for those who have special interests and/or concerns about keeping up with, or being held back by, a group.
- Touring is paced to allow the average traveler reasonable time to enjoy each site
Book, Starting From